We’re so excited to reveal the cover of The It Girl – the hilariously funny and deliciously romantic ‘clean teen” debut from author Katy Birchall!
What would you do if your dad became engaged to the most famous actress in the world and you went from social outcast to ‘It Girl’ over night? Hiding in a cupboard with your pet Labrador might not be your automatic solution, but it certainly is for Anna Huntley…
Everybody wants to be a famous It Girl. Don’t they?
Anna Huntley’s aims in life:
1) Must keep my two lovely new (and only) school friends by not doing anything in usual manner of socially inept dork and outcast.
2) Train Dog (my labrador) to high-five. This is probably the most ambitious life goal on this list.
3) Do not set the school’s Deputy Queen Bee mean girl’s hair on fire (again).
4) Work out whether 2) and 3) constitute being socially inept or outcastish.
5) Go to Africa and give out rice.
6) To hide in a cupboard FOR LIFE with Dog now Dad is engaged to one of the most famous actresses EVER, the paparazzi want to spash my face all over the papers and everyone in school (and The World) is soon to discover the level of my social ineptitude.
7) Is rice a bit done now? Maybe I can give out chocolate in Africa too. I do like chocolate. Must work out how to do it from the cupboard…
When she’s not dreaming up new adventures for Anna and Dog, Katy works at Country Life magazine where she is currently the Editorial, Travel, Social Media and Schools Assistant. Her three pet Labradors are the loves of her life and she is mildly obsessed with Marvel comics, Jane Austen and World War II spy biographies. She currently lives in Brixton with her (apparently) much cooler and funnier housemate.
The It Girl is due for publication by Egmont on 7th May, 2015, and with Book 2 underway at the moment, we can’t wait to see what Katy has in store next for Anna and Dog!