We are happy to consider most fiction, non-fiction and children’s book proposals – to find out more about our agents and what they are currently looking for, please click here.
We specifically do not represent:
- short stories or novellas
- educational textbooks
- film scripts or stage plays
- science fiction
For works of fiction, children’s and young adult fiction or narrative non-fiction, please send:
- a covering letter including details of any previously published work
- a short synopsis including details of the entire plot, for fiction
- the first three chapters (no more than 50 pages) double spaced.
For illustrated non-fiction, please send:
- a detailed outline
- information regarding anything published before.
For children’s picture books, please send:
- the full text
- sample illustrations (if you have any).
All submissions can be emailed to email@example.com. Please do not send submissions addressed for the attention of more than one agent within the agency.
If you send hard copy submissions in the post, please provide an email address for all correspondence, or an appropriately stamped and addressed envelope for returns. All hard copy submissions should be sent to:Submissions
Bell Lomax Moreton Agency
The submission of material is done so solely at your own risk. We cannot accept any responsibility for material sent to us, and its subsequent potential loss or damage.
Please note, due to the large number of submissions we receive, our turnaround time is usually 8-12 weeks.
We do not charge a reading fee.